Monday, May 24, 2010

Being single---- the "burning" question....

I have been asked this question many times and I feel this one should start the "list." It is actually a very simple question with a very simple answer. The problem with the answer though is that in order to accomplish what needs to be done is complicated.

WHY IS IT THAT SOME PEOPLE HAVE ONE BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND AFTER ANOTHER, WHILE OTHERS DON'T EVER HAVE ANY OR GET STUCK IN CONSTANT BAD RELATIONSHIPS?

This could be for a variety of reasons from the most blunt and obvious to the most unlikely and shocking. The blunt and obvious are that these women or men are "easy", handsome, beautiful, wealthy, etc, but that's not always the case. Although sometimes- even though I hate to admit it- it is the case. Most of these traits are obvious ones and are "visual"- they can be seen by the eye. But what you don't see is that most of these people are insecure or have low confidence. But there are also many people who are very good at portraying, either falsely or truthfully, a very high self-confidence, extreme happiness, severe independence or they are just easy to talk to and get along with. And these traits are definite reasons why men would want to be with women or why women would want to be with men.
I am an unlikely case, where I have come from both sides of the coin. I had a point in my life where I never had a boyfriend (I went to the prom without a date!) and have also had a point in my life where I probably could have gotten any man I wanted. The difference between those two stages of my life was how I portrayed and expressed myself as a person. When I was able to get any man I wanted, I was friendly, confident and very honest with who I was. I think it was highly attractive to men when I knew where I wanted to go with my life, what my dreams, goals and desires were and then I MOVED toward them. I made things happen in my life that I wanted. I desired it and went for it. Therefore, immediate hotness! It made me "hot" that I was driven toward something, even if the something was short-lived or stupid.
I know we all claim we have dreams and aspirations in life, but it's reaching them that is the attractive trait, not necessarily WHAT the dream is. And it's the people who don't have drive who seem insecure or fearful and THAT comes across as unattractive.
So, if you wanna get the guy or the girl get out there and act confident, have goals, love your life, be fearless, don't hold back and love yourself. Sometimes all of these traits are not possible at once, but a few is good enough. But I can guarantee that once you have them all, Mr. (or Mrs.) Right will walk right into your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment